Installing a custom MLO map for FiveM, a modification for the popular open-world video game Grand Theft Auto V, can enhance your gaming experience by adding new locations and features to the game world. This tutorial will guide you through the entire process of installing a custom map for FiveM.
- Download any FiveM map you want to install.
- Open the archive/zip file. You will find a folder in it.
- Drag & Drop the folder to your FiveM servers resource folder (server/resources)
- Open your server.cfg and add ensure mapname in one line.
- Restart your server
Finished: Your map is installed!
In-depth detailed tutorial
- First, you will need to have a copy of Grand Theft Auto V and the FiveM modification installed on your computer.
- Next, you will need to download the custom map you want to install. Custom maps for FiveM can be found on various websites such as GTA5-Mods.com or FiveM.net.
- Once you have downloaded the map, you will need to extract the files from the downloaded archive. Most custom maps will come in a .zip or .rar file, which can be extracted using programs such as WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- After extracting the files, you will need to move them to the correct location on your computer. The location where you will need to move the files will depend on the type of map you are installing.
- For example, if the map you are installing is a replacement map, you will need to move the files to the “FiveM” folder located in the main directory of your GTA V installation. The default location is usually “C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\FiveM”.
- If the map you are installing is a custom map that adds new locations to the game world, you will need to move the files to the “resources” folder located in the “FiveM” folder.
- Once you have moved the files to the correct location, you will need to add the map to the server.cfg file located in the “server-data” folder within the “FiveM” folder.
- To do this, open the server.cfg file using a text editor such as Notepad and add the name of the map you are installing to the “start” line, separated by a comma. For example, if the name of the map is “mymap”, you would add “start mymap” to the “start” line.
- Save the changes to the server.cfg file and start up FiveM. The custom map should now be loaded and ready to play.
- Finally, please note that some maps may have special instructions or require additional steps to install, so make sure to read the instructions provided by the map creator.